Coolsculpting Charleston SC
Coolsculpting was released to the public in 2010 and has since been used as a treatment to lessen fat in some parts of a person’s body. In Charleston, SC, Coolsculpting is now available in some clinics like Totality Medispa. Our Coolsculpting device helps eliminate fat that is difficult to burn through exercise and diet. Our staff will help shape your body.
What Is Coolsculpting?
Coolsculpting or cryolipolysis is a non-invasive treatment that uses below zero temperatures to freeze fats. This procedure destroys fat cells and helps naturally eliminate them in the body. While the client is seated, a licensed practitioner uses an FDA-cleared machine that targets specific areas in the body. Coolsculpting treatments last for one to three hours.
Coolsculpting for Different Parts of the Body
Using cold temperatures for medical reasons have been practiced even before Coolsculpting was invented. Unlike other cold therapy devices, the Coolsculpting machine is FDA-cleared to be used in specific areas of the body such as:
- Under the Chin and Jawline
- Upper Arm
- Bra Line
- Inner and Outer Thighs
- Lower Thigh
- Above the Knees
- Under the Buttocks
Candidates for a Coolsculpting Treatment in Charleston, SC
Unfortunately, not everyone can undergo Coolsculpting treatments. People who just had surgery may not be permitted to try Coolsculpting. Additionally, clients who have these conditions may not be allowed to have Coolsculpting procedures:
- Cold Agglutinin Disease
- Paroxysmal Cold Hemoglobinuria
- Pre-existing Hernia
What Are the Benefits of Coolsculpting?
There are more advantages in using Coolsculpting compared to other fat-loss treatments. These are the reasons why you should try the fat reduction treatment:
Coolsculpting, though a medical procedure, is non-surgical. You do not need a hospital bed or weeks of recovery. You can even check your email or social media while being treated.
- Clinically Tested
Researchers developed the treatment for years. The company who made Coolsculpting has received FDA clearance to cater the technology to the public.
You will be comfortably sitting while having the Coolsculpting treatment. There may be a bit of tingling and tugging feeling in the area being treated. However, as your skin becomes numb, these sensations will subside.
- Noticeable Results
You can see changes in two to six months as your body eliminates the dead fat cells. Fat loss can vary from person to person but can result in 20 to 25 percent reduction.
- Multiple Target Areas
If there is a specific part you want to get treated, the Coolsculpting machine can target that area. Your treatment can be tailored to your preference.
- No Downtime and Recovery
There is no need for you to rest for weeks or months. The Coolsculpting treatment freezes and destroys the fats quickly. Clients can continue their daily routine after the procedure.
Fat Loss Is Different from Weight Loss
Coolsculpting is not a weight loss treatment. This may be confusing since fat reduction is sometimes associated with weight loss. However, there are differences, in that Coolsculpting lessens the stubborn fat in your body. It is best for those who are around their ideal weight but are finding it difficult to lose the stubborn muffin or rolls in their body. The treatment leaves you with defined body contours.
Starting Your Coolsculpting Treatment
The fat reduction procedure is easy and effective. We will guide you throughout your Coolsculpting procedure. First, find out if you are a candidate for the treatment. After that, it is better to find a clinic that offers a free consultation. You and your medical practitioner will discuss the best way to reach your goals. Trained physicians or medical professionals can customize a treatment plan for you.
You should feel comfortable in telling your medical practitioner your goals. Your clinician will give a recommendation on how the treatment would happen or which part of the body you should get treated first. A Coolsculpting plan may involve treatment in more than one area at the same time. This, of course, depends on your desired result.
Step-By-Step Procedure of the Coolsculpting
Even though there are treatment plans, the way to destroy fat is still the same. Here is an overview of how the procedure works:
- Before the procedure, you will be asked to remove your clothing on the part where you will be treated. Some clinics provide disposable clothes because the procedure involves putting gel on the area to be treated. This gel may leave stains on your clothes.
- The clinician will mark the parts where you will be treated.
- You will be asked to sit in a comfortable chair, and a clear gel will be applied in the area to be treated. This substance acts as a barrier between your skin and the cooling panel.
- As the applicator touches your skin, you will feel a light sucking from the machine. You might experience slight discomfort like a mild pinching, tingling, stinging, pulling, tugging, cramping or aching in the part being treated. This will be lessened as your skin starts to numb.
- During the treatment, you can check your email, read a book, look through social media or take a nap. However, big movements should be avoided. Just relax and let Coolsculpting do its wonders.
After the Coolsculpting Treatment
There is no recovery time, so you can go back to work or continue your activities after the session. In some cases, the treated area might experience redness, swelling, tenderness, blanching, bruising, itching, skin sensitivity, or aching after the treatment. After a few days, these sensations will subside. Enlargement of the area is also a rare side effect which will need medical attention.
Some Tips and Reminders
Excited to try this amazing treatment? To help you prepare for the procedure, here are some things you should know before making an appointment:
- Wearing loose clothing on your appointed date is better for you to feel comfortable after the treatment.
- You should also consider wearing comfy underwear.
- Having a light meal before going to your appointment is recommended.
- Bring something to keep you company while the treatment is ongoing. A book or a Tablet may help you relax better during the procedure which might take two to three hours.
- Avoid activities that may cause injury to the area that will be treated. You would need to reschedule if you get a wound.
- If you are on medication, it is best to ask your doctor if you can have a Coolsculpting treatment. Medicines tend to thin the blood which may cause higher chances of bruising after the treatment.
- Your clinician may take a picture of the area that will be treated before and after the treatment to show you the difference.
- The treatment is for people who are already near their ideal weight according to their BMI (Body Mass Index).
- The treatment is not a substitute for exercise and diet. If you want the effects to last, proper diet is still necessary.
- Be patient in waiting for the outcome. The body will eliminate the destroyed cells naturally, so the complete result will take weeks.
Totality Medispa has trained and well-educated staff who will handle your Coolsculpting treatment. The founder of the company, Dr. Nicole Nadel, is a board-certified physician. She is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in New York University. For her medical degree, she went to New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. After that, she trained in hospitals and studied about the skin’s healing abilities and hyperbaric medicine.
Dr. Nicole Nadel’s goal is to find the safest and most effective aesthetic medicine and make it available to her clients. Totality Medispa offers non-surgical treatments that help you have total body care. Aside from Coolsculpting, we have IV Hydration, massage therapy, tanning treatments, and more. Our staff will guide and provide relaxing and lifting treatments you deserve. To find out more about our treatments, contact us.